by GetEnglishLessons on 19/07/08 at 8:00 am
The blog below is in the EFL/ESl area. The author posts clear and objetive articles on the relevant topics we deal every day. Take a look at this post about Assessment.
Below, you can find some notes from a workshop.
How can we evaluate our students in a wholesome way?
ALTERNATIVE AUTHENTIC ASSESSMENT
Traditional Tests are
- too superficial
- not efficient
- not fair
- allow cheating
- are tiring
Alternative Tests are
- involve emotion
- taken more than once/ongoing process
- Real world performance
- involve teacher and student
Authentic tests allow us to watch a learner!
- A Guide to Authentic Assessments (brighthub.com)
- ESL Students’ Most Frequent Word List (brighthub.com)
- ESL Websites for ELL Students to Practice the English Language (brighthub.com)
- Technology for Helping ESL, ELL, or LEP Students (brighthub.com)
- ESL textbook for experienced academic in tutoring situation? (ask.metafilter.com)
- ESL Lesson Plans on Adverbs of Manner (brighthub.com)
- EFL 1.0 Is Finally Released (tech.slashdot.org)
- Anthony Cody on Measuring Student Outcomes (seattleducation2010.wordpress.com)