by GetEnglishLessons on 11/11/11 at 8:00 am
If you are wondering how to teach your little students or just need to have a change in the class routine. Here are a few ideas that will make your life easier.
Things to have in mind when teaching young learners:
- Teach them in a natural way
- Build up a context
- Be visual
- Teach through songs and chants
- Show them different things
- Use your body
- Think, speak, do
- Keep them busy
- Repeat, repeat, repeat
- Be aware of their emotions
- Have them move
- Have them draw
- Have them create
Ideas of Games for little kids, young learners of English
6. Playing ball
The child has to say his/her name or any other word or answer a question every time a ball lands on him/her. Pass around the ball as the music plays.
7. Draw the picture a little at a time
They have to shout the word as soon as they know what it is.
Students put on masks and go around the classroom asking each other their names.
9. Shopping for fruit
C: A lemom, please.
T: Here you are
C: Thank you.
10. Touching and Guessing from the shape
Fruit under a tablecloth
11. Touch the….
It can be a large piece of paper with drawings. Students have to touch the object the teacher calls out.
For great tips and activities go to
For more games go to:
Get to know Mario Herrera:
- Teaching English to Younger Youngsters – Tips for Good Results (socyberty.com)
- Help your toddler learn English whenever you are free for it (theetutor.wordpress.com)
- Tips to Teach Kids to Share (declutterorganizerepurpose.wordpress.com)
- Reading Instruction in the Classroom (mcgillar.wordpress.com)
- Mommy Tips for Being an Effective teacher (kidsandmoms1.wordpress.com)
- School Experience in the Second Week (mmselsectionc.wordpress.com)
- Teaching English in Taiwan! – Hsinchu, Taiwan (travelpod.com)
- Easy online assessments? (ask.metafilter.com)