by admin on 10/09/08 at 12:07 pm
“The September 11 attacks were a series of coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States on September 11, 2001. On that morning, terrorists hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the building, causing both buildings to collapse within two hours. The hijackers crashed a third airliner into the Pentagon. The fourth plane crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after passengers and members of the flight crew on the fourth aircraft attempted to retake control of their plane, which was heading for Washington, D.C.”
Questions for discussion on the September 11th terrorrist attack
1. Describe your immediate reaction to September 11 on the day of the attacks. Where were you on September 11?
2. How has September 11 impacted your life and your community? Do you think America is more or less vulnerable now?
3. How should future generations be educated about September 11? In your opinion, will Americans’ perceptions of the attacks change as time passes?
4. How has September 11 impacted American culture? How have movies and TV programs been affected?
5. How best can Americans celebrate September 11? Should September 11 be a national holiday? Why or why not?
6. What’s your opinion about the war on terrorism? Do you think it will solve the problem or will it make it worse? Why? What could be done?