by admin on 06/10/08 at 8:00 am
Always be my baby sung by David Cook
David Roland Cook (born December 20, 1982) is an American rock singer-songwriter. On May 21, 2008, he won the seventh season of the reality television show American Idol. Prior to Idol he released an album entitled Analog Heart.
Cook auditioned for American Idol in Omaha, Nebraska, performing Bon Jovi‘s “Livin’ on a Prayer.” He originally did not plan to try out for the show; he came to the auditions initially to support his younger brother Andrew (who did not make it to Hollywood) and then, at his brother’s urging, David tried out himself. (source: Wikipedia.com)
Well, he won the show and thousands of fans. He has an amazing voice and has recorded some reknowned songs.
Mariah Carey’s Always be my baby is the one we will explore on this lesson!
Before listening to the song, you can teach Future will, by showing students the rules and having them do some exercises. Then you can play the song to illustrate it. Students read the lyrics underlining the future sentences. Then elicit from them what the sentences mean and which rule they most relate to.
The slideshow is long so it may take some time to load!
- Great ESL Speaking Activities (brighthub.com)
- “American Idol Beatles Week, Top 24 Revealed Recap” and related posts (tv.popcrunch.com)
- David Cook: New Album Teaser! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Jennifer Lopez will debut music video on ‘American Idol’ (hollywoodnews.com)
- ‘American Idol’: Dream Beatles song choices? (popwatch.ew.com)